Current:Home > ContactDiddy's son Christian 'King' Combs releases 50 Cent diss track, references federal raids -ProfitQuest Academy
Diddy's son Christian 'King' Combs releases 50 Cent diss track, references federal raids
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-06 18:22:45
Diss tracks are all the rage, and the latest installment comes from Sean "Diddy" Combs' son Christian "King" Combs.
On Sunday night, King Combs released a song titled "Pick a Side," which references federal agents' raid of Diddy's two homes in March and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson's continuous social media posts on the Bad Boy Entertainment founder's recent legal trouble.
"Police raid the crib like they think we selling crack, but we out here selling tracks / Multimillion dollar plaques," the 26-year-old raps in one verse. In another verse referencing the raid, he raps: "Knock these doors down like them feddy boys running both our cribs / Too bad they ain't know we bought the one next door cause that's the one they missed."
Diverting his attention to 50 Cent, King Combs raps, "When all they had was 50 Cent who put this city on the map? Stop lyin'.
"Pops been hated on by many men and that's fine/ They gon' try to stop these M's and they gon' die tryin'," he continues, citing 50 Cent's song "Many Men" and album "Get Rich or Die Tryin.'"
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
50 Cent was quick to respond on Instagram with sarcasm, captioning one photo of King Combs and Diddy, "I feel so threatened by the things Christian is saying on his record. I'm afraid for my life, please don't hurt me guys. I never mentioned or posted anything about puffy's kids because KEEFE D said he killed 2Pac. LOL."
The latter half referred to Duane "Keffe D" Davis, who was indicted by a Nevada grand jury in September for the 1996 drive-by shooting of rapper Tupac Shakur; rumors have circulated for decades that Diddy was responsible for orchestrating the Las Vegas shooting.
In another post, the "21 Questions" rapper wrote: "Now why would you say some(thing) like this 🤦when you know the FEDS are investigating. IS YOU STUPID OR IS YOU DUMB? LOL."
USA TODAY reached out to reps for 50 Cent and Combs.
50 Cent and Diddy have had a decades-long feud, with the "Power" producer alleging he is doing a documentary on the Bad Boy rapper's sexual assault allegations called "Diddy Do It?"
50 Cent sues ex Daphne Joyafter she accused him of sexual assault and abuse
King Combs accused of sexual assault in April lawsuit
King Combs' diss track referencing the Combs family's legal trouble comes a month after the 26-year-old was accused of sexual assault, sexual harassment and causing emotional distress in a lawsuit filed by Grace O'Marcaigh.
O'Marcaigh alleged King sexually assaulted her in late December 2022, according to filings from Los Angeles County Superior Court obtained by NBC News and Rolling Stone. O'Marcaigh was working as a steward on the yacht chartered by the Combs family.
The alleged assault occurred days before Diddy put on a star-studded New Year's Eve yacht party.
The lawyer for O'Marcaigh, Tyrone Blackburn, is also representing Rodney "Lil Rod" Jones, a producer on Diddy's latest album who accused the music mogul of sexual assault and harassment in a February lawsuit.
In a statement shared with USA TODAY in April, Aaron Dyer, the attorney for both the Combses, addressed the allegations leveled by O'Marcaigh.
“This is just another lewd and meritless claim from Tyrone Blackburn — just like what he filed in the Rodney Jones lawsuit, which he still has not served. This complaint is filled with the same kind of manufactured lies and irrelevant facts we’ve come to expect from Blackburn," Dyer said.
King was also named in that lawsuit filed last month by Lil Rod. According to the complaint, Lil Rod witnessed the rapper "drugging and sexually assaulting a woman."
Diddy's home raided amid several sexual assault lawsuits
In addition to King's lawsuit, Diddy has faced several has faced several legal actions in recent months, including suits by ex-girlfriend Cassie, "The Love Album" producer Rodney "Lil Rod" Jones Jr. and a Jane Doe alleging she was gang-raped when she was 17 by the music mogul and former Bad Boy Entertainment executive Harve Pierre.
He has denied all the allegations.
Federal officials raided Diddy's Los Angeles home in March, according to Rolling Stone and local Los Angeles news station Fox 11, amid lawsuits filed against him from accusers alleging the rapper and music mogul has raped or sexually assaulted them. Agents also searched Combs' Miami residence, Rolling Stone, NBC News and The Associated Press reported.
When reached for comment regarding the case, a Homeland Security Investigations spokesperson said in a statement to USA TODAY that "Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners. We will provide further information as it becomes available."
Contributing: KiMi Robinson, Jay Stahl, Taijuan Moorman, Anika Reed
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence, RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline offers free, confidential, 24/7 support to survivors and their loved ones in English and Spanish at: 800.656.HOPE (4673) and Hotline.RAINN.org and en Español RAINN.org/es.
veryGood! (8)
Related
- Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
- John Galt Is the Best Place to Shop It Girl Basics and They Start at Just $15
- When is Amazon Prime Day 2024? Dates, deals and what to know about summer sales event
- Young Thug trial judge removed over allegations of 'improper' meeting
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- Soros’ Open Society Foundations say their restructuring is complete and pledge $400M for green jobs
- That time ‘Twister’ star Bill Paxton picked me up at the airport in a truck
- Scientists have confirmed a cave on the moon that could be used to shelter future explorers
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- More thunderstorms expected Tuesday after storms clobber Midwest, tornado confirmed
Ranking
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Republican convention focuses on immigration a day after a bandaged Trump makes triumphant entrance
- Trump picks Sen. JD Vance as VP running mate for 2024 election
- Hawaiian residents evacuated as wind-swept wildfire in Kaumakani quickly spreads
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Where is British Open? What to know about Royal Troon Golf Club
- A wind turbine is damaged off Nantucket Island. Searchers are combing beaches for debris
- Get 35% Off the Eyelash Serum Recommended by Luann de Lesseps, Lala Kent, Paige DeSorbo & More Celebs
Recommendation
Backstage at New York's Jingle Ball with Jimmy Fallon, 'Queer Eye' and Meghan Trainor
Carlos Alcaraz beats Novak Djokovic at Wimbledon men's final to win fourth Grand Slam title
Trump assassination attempt unlikely to have lasting political impact, observers say
A happy retirement: Marine K-9s reunite with first handlers
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Real Salt Lake's Cristian 'Chicho' Arango suspended four games
Why Ingrid Andress' National Anthem Performance Is Sparking Debate
Miranda Lambert Stops Concert Again to Call Out Fans Causing Drama